Don’t you hate it when the photos you’ve clicked don’t seem right even after a dozen attempts? You may not like its brightness, contrast, orientation, or, you may want to add something to make the photos look catchy.
That’s when photo editing apps come to your rescue. They pack a lot of features and are on par with lightweight desktop editors. Most social media apps already include image editing tools in their interface. But, if you want more vivid customizations, you can try your hands on these cool photo editing apps we’ve compiled in this post.
Note: This list isn’t arranged in order of preference; it’s a compilation of the best photo editing apps for Android. You’re advised to choose one as per your needs.
11 Best Android Photo Editor Apps
- Photoshop Express
- PicsArt Photo Studio
- Fotor Photo Editor
- Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor
- YouCam Perfect
- Photo Lab
- Photo Editor Pro
1. Photoshop Express
With a simple and minimalistic interface, Adobe Photoshop Express is a great Android photo editor for quick, easy, and powerful editing on devices. It is packed with essential features like crop, straighten, rotate, and flip photos.
Photoshop Express has one-touch filters, a variety of effects, colors, auto fix, frames, and also some advanced tools like Image Rendering Engine to handle large files like panoramic photos. Its Noise Reduction feature can minimize unwanted grain and speckling in night photos.
The app is free to download and is ad-free. Moreover, it provides you the service to share photos on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
Special Features Of Photoshop Express
- More than 80 filters for instantly editing photos.
- Photos can be imported and edited in RAW format
- Perspective correction feature for fixing skewed perspective photos
- Share the edited photos instantly to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media websites
2. PicsArt Photo Studio
With over 100 million downloads, PicsArt is one of the favorite photo editing apps out there in 2019. The reason PicsArt is such a stand-out is due to the sheer number of options you have for customizing your photos. It comes with a built-in camera feature and a social network for sharing photos.
Other features include collage, draw, frames, stickers, and more. The app is available for free with some in-app purchases, though, you have to deal with ads.
Special Features Of PicsArt Photo Studio
- Brush mode for applying effects selectively on particular parts of a pic
- Rapidly evolving AI-powered effects
- In-built camera app with live effects
- Double exposures using layers and adjustable transparency.
3. Fotor Photo Editor
Fotor is one of the most recommended and best photo editing apps for Android with tonnes of cool features and tools to enhance images. The app offers a wide range of photo effects and filters for editing images. You can use more than 10 customizable ‘Edit’ functions for tweaking brightness, exposure, contrast, and other aspects of a pic.
The photo editor also allows you to make collages with plenty of collage templates. The app is free to download but contains ads.
Special Features Of Fotor
- Feature-rich photo editor as well as photo licensing platform
- ‘Enhance’ feature with ‘slide on screen’ capabilities for instant adjustments
- Aplenty collage templates like Classic and Magazine
PhotoDirector is a kind of multi-purpose photo editor app. It has a stylish and user-friendly interface where you can quickly adjust the colors and tone of your images with its simple, yet powerful tools. The app has an in-app camera feature where you can apply live photo effects as you snap your photos. You can edit images and share them quickly on Facebook, Flickr, and more.
This Android photo editor app is free to download with some in-app purchases and contains ads.
Special Features Of PhotoDirector
- Content-Aware tool for removing photobombers and unwanted objects.
- Artistic preset photo effects such as Lomo, Vignette, HDR and more
- Dehaze tool for removing haze, fog, and mist from images
- Photo fx for applying effects to certain regions in pictures
Snapseed is a powerful Android photo editor developed by Google that carries quite a lot of features. It is available for free and is also ad-free. The app has a user-friendly interface which is easy to use, just tap on the screen and open up any file you like.
Snapseed comes with many different types of filters to modify the look of the photo, including 29 different varieties of tools. Once done with the editing, you can easily export the file to save it or share it with your friends.
Special Features of Snapseed
- RAW DNG files can be edited and exported as JPG
- Native dark theme mode in the app
- Selective filter brush for editing only a portion of an image
- The option of saving customized preset for applying them to images later
AirBrush is easy to use photo editor app. It has user-friendly retouch tools and cool filter options to provide you with a beautiful editing result. The app is available for free, but it has got some in-purchases and contains ads. It has a built-in camera interface that comes with a variety of live effects.
Further, AirBrush has an interactive interface and includes lots of tools such as blemish and pimple remover, whitens teeth and brightens eyes, body slimmer, and artistic retouching features, natural and radiant filters. Also, you can instantly share your edited photos to any social networking sites.
Special Features Of AirBrush
- Excellent blemish and pimple remover tool for perfect photos
- Natural radiant features for adding natural-looking makeup with mascara, blush, etc.
7. Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor
Toolwiz Photos is a gorgeous all-in-one PRO photo editor that provides 200+ powerful tools. You can add filters, swap faces, adjust saturation, and even create fun collages.
This free app is blessed with an elegant and minimalist interface. Its features and ease of use make it one of the best photo editing apps for Android. However, the app has not been updated for the last two years, hence don’t expect trending filters and latest content.
Special Features Of Toolwiz Photos
- A large collection of magic filters and art filters
- Excellent selfie, and skin polishing tools including Face rater, dermabrasion, red-eyes removal, and bright eye
- More than 200 text fonts with shadow and mask support
8. YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect is a handy photo-editor tool for Android in 2019 where you can beautify your portrait photos within seconds. Try editing with its effects and one-touch filters, photo crop and rotate, mosaic pixelates to blur the background, vignette, and HDR effects. The app comes with a Face Reshaper, Eye Bag Remover, and also Body Slimmer to shrink your waist and make you look thinner instantly.
All-in-all, it could turn out to be a great consideration in case you’re looking for the best photo editing apps for selfies. YourCam Perfect also has video selfie capabilities. It is free to download with some in-app purchases for additional features and contains ads.
Special Features Of YouCam Perfect
- Real-time skin beautifying effects in still and video selfies
- Cutout and object remover tool
- Multi-face detection for instantly touching up a group selfie
- “Smile” feature for adding a smile to any image
Pixlr is the right photo editor app for everyone; it has all the tools that a user might need. It has over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters. You can create photo collages with various layouts, backgrounds, and spacing options.
Also, it can stylize a photo with a doodle, pencil drawings, and ink sketches. You can share the images directly to various social networking sites. It is free to download with in-app purchases and contains ads.
Special Features of Pixlr
- Option to mark the most used effect or overlay as Favorite.
- Remarkable on-touch enhancement tools
- Auto-fix feature for automatically balancing color in an image
- Collage feature with up to 25 photos and various layouts, background, and spacing options
10. Photo Lab
Photo Lab gives your photos a unique touch. It has a collection of over 900 different effects such as realistic photomontages, stylish photo filters, beautiful frames, creative artistic effects, collages for multiple photos, and lots more.
With a simple and intuitive interface, the photo editing app is quite easily manageable. This Android photo editor comes with every basic tool that a user might need: crop, rotate, lighting, and sharpness, and even touch-up.
Moreover, you can save your creation to the gallery, share it easily via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or send it as a message. It has a free version available that displays ads. But the main drawback is that it watermarks your photos when you use its free version.
Special Features of Photo Lab
- More than 50 preset styles to choose from for one-touch editing
- Advanced face detection algorithm for face photo montages
11. Photo Editor Pro
Last but not least, Photo Editor Pro is another app for photo editing that users can use to beautify their pics.
Other than basic editing tools, the Android app feature several trending tools such as adding different kinds of glitch to the pics, interesting sketching filters, stickers, tattoos and much more.
All the basic editing tools such as changing brightness, contrast, shadows, highlight, etc are present. HSL (Hue, saturation, and luminance are locked for the pro version) unlike we saw in other best photo editing apps for android.
Android users can also look forward to making collages in the app. However, the highlight of the Photo Editor is its easy-to-use snappy user-interface. The only concern with the app is the full-screen ads that pop-up way more often than one would expect.
Choosing The Best Photo Editor For Android
With the apps enlisted above, you can transform your photos by artistic masterpieces. You can choose the photo editing app according to your requirements. For example, for making collages, we recommend using PicsArt or Pixlr. Similarly, if you want to add fun effects to your selfies, try YouCam Perfect or Airbrush.
Did you find this list of best Android photo editor apps for 2019 helpful? Share your reviews and suggestions in the comments below.